Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 49 - Not Apos, Just Understanding

Ohlo!!

Well here it is my family, looks like after a really blurred 6 months I am heading off into the sunset to an area full of new challenges and adventures!!  But, before I jump to all of that, let me tell you about this past week which was full of miracles:]
 
We had the opportunity of going to the temple and I was really grateful for the time that we got to spend there.  It was neat to prepare for it in the morning and receive some really neat impressions while I was inside:]  I think that the more you try to build your relationship with Heavenly Father the more you'll be able to understand how He works and how He speaks.
 
We went as a district and to help a family clean up their yard and while everyone was pulling weeds, Elder Hunter and I found a skateboard!  Holla! Iit was a good time riding that thing around for a couple minutes and no one panic!  I didn't break my arm or anything:]  
 
Haha, another funny story from pulling weeds.  Me and Elder Keith were in one section pulling away when all of the sudden he leaned over and accidentally let one rip. Hahahaha, oh his face was hi-larious and I couldn't help but just bust up laughing.  Me and Keith were in the same MTC district so I just told him that after a year of friendship it was just time to take it to the next level:]  I guess there are no more walls between us haha.

We also have 3 new FAMILIES that we have started teaching!!  Can you even believe that?! We have found them through knocking, members, and other missionaries and it has been incredible to see the miracles all happen in such a short amount of time!  When we went to our Relief Society activity on Thursday we had 3 other members say "Hey we have some people that we want to introduce you to, they are willing to listen to the lessons!"  I was completely blown away!!  And to top it all off Rori Van Hook came to sacrament meeting on Sunday:]  She said that she had a lot of questions and I think that it's just going to be a process with her.   Fortunately for us, the Janis family in the ward is Jewish, and every year they practice the traditions of Judaism.  When we introduced Rori to them, she was pretty excited and kept saying, "I need to talk to them a little bit more."  Honestly, good things are just flowing into the Katy 2 ward:]  I absolutely love it. 
 
So yes, as it turns out, it seems that I am being transferred right as soon as things start moving in our area.  I am so happy though because I know that whoever comes in next will be coming into some really great opportunities!  I'm leaving the area in WAY better conditions then how I got it which is honestly all that I could ask for:] and all of it just reminds me of Alma 7:19..yea, I perceive that ye are making his paths straight.   I think that's the slogan for my mission..haha either that or "It's all good!"  I am so so grateful for the time that I have gotten to spend serving in Katy.  I know that I've have built relationships that will last forever and I couldn't be more excited for what lies ahead. 
 
I know that my Savior lives.  I can feel it with every ounce of my little body:]  Nothing makes me happier and nothing drives me quite as much as this knowledge.  Every moment of serving a mission has been worth more than anything else.  I've really been striving to just follow the spirit and have it with me constantly.  I'm on the home stretch and I wanna make the most of every day, every hour, and every week.  
 
I love you all and think the world of you.  I'm praying for you every night and I hope that this week you'll be more mindful of the things Heavenly Father is trying to tell you:]

Love, Sister Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment