Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 44 - It's the Sound of a New Start

Well hey there my sweet family:]
So.. so much has happened this past week and I wish that I was patient enough to take the time and write you guys about all the neat things that I have learned but I'll just throw down a couple and let ya get back to your crazy lives!
Over the past couple weeks I have been really praying to know how Heavenly Father speaks to me. I feel like all the time people will say you need to pray about it and la la la well I pray all the time and I would still feel like I was on my own.. so I decided to ask the Big Man upstairs to teach me how he speaks to me.. and aw man. Some of the experiences that I have had were SO sweet:] I know that Heavenly Father speaks to me through other people. Which I guess if you look back on my life.. that's pretty dang obvious but hey sometimes it takes us awhile to open our eyes and really see that he was there all the time.  It reminds me of the scripture in Alma 10:5-6, I think he really does call us many times but it's up to us whether or not we really hear.  One night as we were with some members all of the sudden they started talking about marriage and how their daughter has gone through some really hard things because of who she choose to marry, and as they were speaking it was like the spirit was smacking me in the face.  I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father's love for each of us and that he truly does answer all our prayers:]

We also got to help out with a youth activity which was super great! They held this little carnival of life thing, where the games were either worldly or spiritual. Well haha we picked to be in charge of the nerf gun one.. duh:] As kids were coming up to play, the other set of missionaries would try to get them to go play the spiritual games.. as if. I found it so interesting to see how easy it was to be "satan" and just distract everybody from the things they really should have been spending their time on. Gosh, it is so easy for us to get distracted and I couldn't help but feel bad for the other missionaries who everytime they would say something one of the teenage boys would kinda roll his eyes at them and then I'd hurry and say you should just keep playing this game it's so fun:] haha simply put, in the big picture are we focusing on things that really are going to give us that lasting happiness or are we merely just being entertained for a moment? 

 
 
We also got to go walk the temple grounds with Karen Foreman which was an incredible experience. As we were talking to her about the importance of entering the temple and how that's what all of us are working towards she started getting emotional. She does see the importance of it and she made the comment, "I don't regret the decisions I have made so far but I can't help but wonder what things I've missed in not being able to go in there." Long story short she is working towards getting her recommend and we should be going and doing baptisms with her soon! I'm pretty excited about it!
Valentine's day... we all know how much I love this stinkin holiday... Welp we were stood up by one of our potential investigators.. so my life hasn't changed much since last year! haha but seriously. I don't think I have ever worked harder and been so unsuccessful. At times it gets pretty discouraging, they'll be days where me and noobhouse will  get on our knees and just cry. I'm not even sure what to do anymore because I feel like I've tried everything.   I'm doing all that i can and yet I still haven't had one solid investigator in the past 5 months.  It can be pretty upsetting.  But that's ok, I'll keep trusting in the Lord and I'll keep doing what I know is right.  Can I just say how much I hate when people say "don't get discouraged.. you're planting seeds everywhere you go"   ew. save that for the relief society.  I didn't come out here to just plant a couple seeds and call it good! HELLO, I am Sister Bowden.  I work my butt off and miracles happen... haha they just haven't happened yet.  
Well, I love you guys so so much! I hope that you're week is so great and that you do the incredible:] 

Love, Sister Bowden
Ps.. I realize that in these pictures I looked like the most tired girl in texas.. and well.. that's probably because Katy is sucking the life out of me and I am tired. all. the. time.

No comments:

Post a Comment