Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 2 - My Most Embarrassing Moment Ever


Oh mama (and errybody else:])
 
Ok so this week has had some awesome high points, some low points, and probably the most embarrassing moment of my life.
I'll start with the embarrassing moment so you guys can all get a good laugh this week. haha ok so imagine this,  We get gym time once a day for an hour and what a blessed hour that is!!! It seriously is heaven for me not to be constantly sitting in a chair studying or praying or ya know the same old missionary stuff i'm into these days! Well anyways, our district was playing volleyball and i had worn a hoodie over my tshirt cuz it was FREEZING outside.  Well i started being little miss sports star and started getting hot, i went to take off my hoodie and..... hahaha well.... my tshirt came up with it. So yes, i flashed everyone in my district and then some... hahaha it was awful and i seriously think i scarred all these poor baby missionaries for life! my nickname has now become flash and everytime someone says it i seriously want to DIE! hahaha but it's fine, of all people of course I would be the one to do that.
 
Alrighty my High points of this week!
I can't remember what night it was because everything just seems to blur together but our teacher came in one night and he put on Jeffrey Holland's talk... ya know THE ONE. so he puts it on and of course i just lose it. At some points i almost forget what i'm doing here but that really helped me come to terms with ya know i put a lot on the line to be here and as such i can't just waste this.  Because of all that i sacrificed that's gonna make me work THAT much harder.  I need to put my all into this or it's all going to be for nothing.  After our lesson Me and Sister Garlick got to teach our investigator Isi again, usually Sis garlick is the leader of our lessons she teaches a lot and i'll sit there watch the investigator and their reactions and then decide what i feel i need to share or testify.  Well Isi had stopped reading his scriptures and praying, I don't know what got into me but all of the sudden i felt the spirit sooo strong and I told him how much it broke my heart that he didn't see how important it was. I honestly can't remember what i said completely but he started crying after i finished testifying. I have never felt that way in my entire life. Now Isi is our teacher who role plays his conversion for us to practice on. after we finished teaching he wanted to give us feedback and he turned to me and said Sister Bowden where has that been?? A student has never made me cry before.  THAT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY WHOLE LIFE! I love when the spirit touches other people's hearts, nothing makes me happier.  We also taught another guy named Brad Bird and man me and this guy just hit it off.  I think i teach things differently than everybody else, i really like getting to know the people and listening, then by what they say i know what points of the gospel i should hit on the most.  This guy grew up wanting to be a priest and after some unfortunate events he has lost all faith in heavenly father and just doesn't care to know. I told him he basically needed to face his fears and pray and he did:] woot woot! man it felt good to walk out of there just feelin like a champ!
 
It's really funny to me that ya know i have these super great moments, but then on the other hand i have super doubtful moments as well.  A lot of the time i'm not really sure what the heck i'm doing here and i'm seeing a lot of my own personal weaknesses.  I'm learning that i have to put aside my wants and needs and completely do what the lord wants, which i find to be very difficult. There is also a lot of conversation about putting of the "natural man" and i'm finding my flirty personality just makes things a little harder for me.  Girls drive me a little crazy and i'm learning to just communicate to help the situation, but seriously when everybody wants to sit in a circle and just say how much they love each other and we can do hard things la la la. a part of me just wants to gag, hahaha i just don't feel for all the cheesy ooey let's feel good about ourselves crap. haha idk maybe someday i will though.
 
Welp! haha that's kinda the jist of things as of lately! I leave for Houston on WEDNESDAY my flight leaves around 9:40 and i'm not sure if i'm gonna have time to call or what, we'll just see what happens:] but everything is just great! the church is true, i'm learning a lot, and i can't wait to just go out there and give my all:] i love you so much!!! Miss you all more than you know:]
 
 
Love, Sista Bowden:]
 
God does not expect perfection, but he is pleased with progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment